[xsl] Re: XalanTransform warning: Invalid argument in nodeset()

Subject: [xsl] Re: XalanTransform warning: Invalid argument in nodeset()
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 06:13:39 +0100
"Prashant Thakare" <thakare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1078368756.7376.15.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am unable to get rid of warning "Invalid argument type in the function
> 'nodeset()'" given by XalanTransform.
>
> The code is as follows:
> <xsl:variable name="datatypes" select="/xip/datatypes"/>
> <xsl:with-param name="filters" select="xalan:nodeset($filters)"/>

I guess you meant:

   <xsl:with-param name="filters" select="xalan:nodeset($datatypes)"/>

The value of the "datataypes" variable is a node-set -- not an RTF. This is
why you get the warning.

In this case you do not need to use the xalan:nodset() extension function --
there's no RTF to cconver to a node-set.

> If I define the variable in the file instead of assigning from input
> file, the warning goes off.

Yes, because in this case the value of the "datatypes" is an RTF.

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev
FXSL developer,