RE: [xsl] Can I Detect whether a node is *immediately* before the context node?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can I Detect whether a node is *immediately* before the context node?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:54:16 -0000
test="preceding-sibling::*[1][self::X]"

Michael Kay

# -----Original Message-----
# From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-xsl-
# list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jamie McLaughlin
# Sent: 04 March 2004 12:40
# To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Subject: [xsl] Can I Detect whether a node is *immediately* before the
# context node?
#
# Hello, I am new :)
#
# I have an XSLT query I could not find any solution to elsewhere. I need to
# know if my context node is *immediately* proceeded by another node of a
# certain type, in document order. So, ideally the test would return true
# for:
#
#
# but not for:
#
#
# Is this possible in XSLT or using a Saxon extension? Have I missed a very
# simple solution? I would be extremely grateful for any advice!
#
# Thanks,
#
# Jamie McLaughlin