RE: [xsl] mediaobject on titlepage

Subject: RE: [xsl] mediaobject on titlepage
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:32:41 -0000
#
# however, when I run it through saxon (this is new to me) using something
# like:
#
# C:\CMS_SOURCE\xsl_1.64.1>saxon \template\mytitlepage.xml -o titlepage.xsl
# \html\
# titlepage.xsl
#
# I get an "Bad param=value pair on command line"

A problem in invoking a specific processor is best raised on the support
list for that processor, which in the case of Saxon is the saxon-help list
or forum at sourceforge.net.

The format of the command line for Instant Saxon is:

saxon [-o out.html] source.xml style.xsl [params]

It's trying to interpret \template\mytitlepage.xml as the source, "-o" as
the stylesheet, and "titlepage.xsl" as the first of the params.

Instant Saxon, with its dependency on the Microsoft JVM, is becoming rather
antiquated. I'd recommend anyone starting today to use the full Saxon
product with the Sun JVM.

Michael Kay