Re: [xsl] XSLT parameters in TrAX filter chains?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT parameters in TrAX filter chains?
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:30:16 -0500
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:42:05AM -0000, Stephen Summerfield wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thanks very much for that, I based my code on the example Sun give of chaining which uses XMLFilter, but yes,
> this way does look a lot easier (to write and understand). Does seem a little strange having two different
> ways of achieving the same goal in the same API - I wonder why this is, surely there is a reason(?).
>
> Steve

I'm not sure exactly, but when I looked at a thread on the saxon help
list (a sourceforge list), other posters mentioned that XMLFilter gives
you more options and flexibility, especially for exceptions (I think?).
You loose some of this flexibility when you you use SAX directly.

This is what I gathered, anyway.

There is another website devoted to java and XML. Actually, I think it
is a book. But the author says that nothing baffles him so much as
writing filters for XML tranformations, even though they always work for
him. So I think the the API for using filters with java might be
improved a bit?

Paul