Re: [xsl] Omnimark vs. XSL (Saxon) Challenge

Subject: Re: [xsl] Omnimark vs. XSL (Saxon) Challenge
From: bry@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:24:17 CET
> Input table:

>   <tbody>
>     <row>
>       <entry colspan="2" rowspan="2"
width="70%">I</entry>
>       <entry colspan="2"
width="30%">II</entry>
>     </row>
>   </tbody>
>
> Desired output:

>   <tbody>
>     <row>
>       <entry colspan="2"
rowspan="2">I</entry>
>       <entry colspan="2">II</entry>
>     </row>
>   </tbody>
>
> The main problem is the use of colspan and
>rowspan, which makes it hard for any cell to
>know to which column it belongs. One has to
>render the table from start to finish to
>learn
>that for each cell.

I'm having some problem actually
understanding this part, looking at it
again, as your example output doesn't very
well clarify for me what you want:
is it that you just want to know the
dimensions of your table, with widths
removed from the entrys, otherwise
everything is the same?

the width being calculated from the
following:

<xsl:param name ="table-width" select ="
120 " />

<xsl:value-of select ="concat($table-width *
substring-before($width-value, '%') *
0.01, 'mm') " />
if a width is percentile, otherwise the
width is taken from $width-value.
right?

can you tell me exactly why you're using
<xsl:variable name =" random-nodes " select
=" document('')//* " />

document('') refers to your xslt, how does
this help you calculate your table size?