RE: [xsl] Using document() and getting back to the original doc

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using document() and getting back to the original doc
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:13:07 +0100

Hi,

Errrm... this should be always in scope for the stylesheet, so I don't
really see why you would need to 'open' it again...

If you want to make sure you don't lose track, you can always add a global
variable:

<xsl:variable name="vdoc" select="/" />

to your stylesheet.

an expression like '$vdoc/root/node' will then always refer to '/root/node'
from your 'original input document', and the following:

<xsl:copy-of select="$vdoc" />

will insert a copy of the source document into the result tree.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andreas