Re: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] killing xslt
From: Oleg Tkachenko <oleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:18:34 +0200
M. David Peterson wrote:

There is too much opportunity here for me to believe that someone hasn't
already begun either a port of Saxon or a brand new engine that will
support the 2.0 standard on .NET.  And if there's not, well then the
opportunity is once again ours to take on Michael's original challenge.
It seems to me the same group that developed EXSLT for .NET would have a
lot to contribute to something like this and that same working
infrastructure might be the perfect pre-existing organization to look to
facilitate the efforts in that they have already gone through the
growing pains of developing an open source XSLT processor project for
.NET.  Are any of you guys currently reading this thread and have input
to say regarding this matter?

I share your thoughts. It's certanly feasible to port Saxon to .NET, as well as to write XSLT 2.0 processor (at least schema-unaware one) for .NET from scratch (especially interesting is how they can implement XQuery and not XPath 2.0). So I wouldn't worry about XSLT under .NET.
The really sad thing is about MSXML aka XSLT in IE browser, here I think nothing can be done (but who knows, may be mozilla will take over?).
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://blog.tkachenko.com