[xsl] Can't get output from xml -> text transformation

Subject: [xsl] Can't get output from xml -> text transformation
From: "Todd Alexander" <heeznow@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:53:23 -0700
I have an xsl I'm running through xalan against an xml file, with the
output going to a csv file. My problem is that I get the output
expected for the first template rule in the csv file but I canot get
anything output for the second. I'm getting blank spaces for each
node I'm expecting to hit for the second rule, so I know I'm getting
there, but no matter what I put inside the rule (xsl:text , xsl:value-
of etc) I cannot get any text of any kind.

The source xml file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<allGamesDownloadable>
<featuredGameList title="Featured Downloads">
<featuredGame featuredHeadline="blah blah blah"
gameId="gameOne">
</featuredGameList>
<gameGroupList>
<gameGroup title="Action Games">
<gameItem gameID="gameOne"/>
<gameItem gameID="gameTwo"/>
</gameGroup>
<gameGroup title="Arcade">
<gameItem gameID="gameThree"/>
<gameItem gameID="gameFour"/>
</gameGroup>
</gameGroupList>
</allGamesDownloadable>

The XSL in question is:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="text" />

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:text>
GAMEID,GAMENAME
</xsl:text>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="gameItem">
<!-- for debugging -->
<xsl:text>cracker</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

What I get output is:

GAMEID,GAMENAME

{then the expected numner of lines with varying numbers of spaces}

Thanks,
Todd Alexander
heeznow@xxxxxxx