Re: [xsl] for-each-group in XSL 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] for-each-group in XSL 2.0
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:15:20 +0100
Hi Alejandro,

> I have a simple code in XSL : If I use the standard for-each, works
> fine, but when I use the for-each-group I receive an error...
> for-each-group must not be used here...or something like that.
>
> This is my XSL :
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
> language="JavaScript">
> <!--<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>      version="2.0" language="JavaScript"> -->

You've commented out the <xsl:stylesheet> tag that has the correct
namespace and are using one with the WD-xsl namespace. WD-xsl is an
obsolete language devised by Microsoft; you shouldn't be using that
namespace.

In order to use XSLT 2.0, you must use the
'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace. You must also use an
XSLT 2.0 processor: Saxon 8.0 is the only one around at the moment;
you can't use XSLT 2.0 with MSXML.

Cheers,

Jeni

---