RE: [xsl] Matching two consecutive <br><br>

Subject: RE: [xsl] Matching two consecutive <br><br>
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:30:35 +0100
> Actually I don't understand completely what your matching does:
> br[following-sibling::node()[1][self::br]]

It matches a <br> element whose first following sibling node
(following-sibling::node()[1]) matches the predicate self::br. The predicate
self::br is true if the context node is a br element. (Technically, it
selects all the nodes on the self axis that are br elements, which will
select one node if the context node is a <br>, and none otherwise, and then
returns true if this node-set is non-empty).

Michael Kay