RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:18:12 +0100
> Considering that neither XSLT 2.0 nor XPath 2.0 are Recs yet, there
> will presumably be the same problem with these books. How up-to-date
> are they (which Working Draft are they based on?) and what's going to
> happen when the Recs come out (are you going to release a Second
> Edition that reflects the Recs?)?

Yes, there's no right time to release a book like this. My feeling is that
the amount of change from now on will be relatively small (we certainly
won't have the disaster we had with XSLT 1.1). But I'm hoping it will be
possible to produce an update once the final Rec is out - which probably
won't be till 2006, so don't hold your breath! Meanwhile I'm hoping to keep
the errata page at www.wrox.com up to date with all changes as they occur.

Michael Kay