RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:55:48 +0100
> Am I reading this correctly in that the XSLT 2.0 spec will
> not reach final recommendation now until 2006?

We're going to have to have a second Last Call because of the number of
comments received. You can't do a Last Call in much less than four months.
The CR phase these days for a complex spec is rarely less than 12 months,
because of the requirement to create a test suite and demonstrate
interoperable implementations. So I personally think that reaching full Rec
status in 2005 is looking unlikely. That's a personal view, not an official
W3C one.

The XSLT spec is probably more advanced than others in the family; but very
little work has been done yet on the testing side.

Michael Kay