RE: [xsl] How to calculate rowspan?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to calculate rowspan?
From: "anton" <a.m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:01:22 +0200
Hi!

not directly answering your question (as I see someone already gave some
code for that) but...

unfortunatly the given solution didn't work, 'cause the content in the nodes
isn't unique.

<ROW>
	<COL0 Type="Dimesion">A</COL0>
  <xsl:template match="//ROW[not(descendant::node()[1][@Type='Label'])]" >

Never start a match pattern with // (it doesn't do anything useful)

in fact... Thanks, I deleted this. But if I will access attributes the //
needed, why?

is the first descendent node which (nature being it is, is the same as)
child::node()[1] which may be abreviated to node()[1]

Unless you have xsl:strip-space in effect (or are using msxml which is
arguably non-conformant in this respect)

I use msxml.

the first child node of ROW is a text node consisting or a newline and some
space characters, you want the first element child, not the first node, so
that would be

match="ROW[not(*[1][@Type='Label'])]"

This work on msxml too, thanks! :-)

best regards