RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder why version attribute is there in XSLT in the
first place. In most of the languages known, like Java
or C++, the programmer never specifies language
version number in his/her program. The compiler or
interpreter judges whether the syntax is valid..

Would it not make life simpler for XSLT programmer, if
there is no version attribute.. The
compiler/interpreter should take care of the syntax
validity?

Regards,
Mukul