Re: [xsl] xsl:choose

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:choose
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:46:19 GMT
   - <fo:block font-family="Times-Roman" font-size="12pt" space-after="0.05pt">
   - <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
     Quotation for re-mortgage
   - <xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="$VN_Condition_1 = 1">555</xsl:when>
   - <xsl:otherwise>
     of
     <xsl:value-of
   select="DATA/Table[@Name='quotes']/quote_remortgage_nameornumber" />

     <xsl:value-of
   select="DATA/Table[@Name='quotes']/quote_remortgage_addressline1" />
     </xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>
     </fo:inline>
     </fo:block>

   At very least it seems to me that this should print out either "Quotation
   for re-mortgage" or "of", but it does neither.  Pulling my hair out and I
   guess there is some really basic idiot error I've made.

   TIA

   Mark Williams

Quotation for re-mortgage is outside the xsl:choose so if that isn't being
printed then the template that this is in isn't being applied and your
problem is elsewhere.

If an xsl:choose has an xsl:otherwise block then exactly one of its
children is always executed (if the xsl:choose is executed at all)
in which case the above would always produce eiether "555" or "of"

David

http://www.star.net.uk