[xsl][fo] different layout for 1 and 2 page docs

Subject: [xsl][fo] different layout for 1 and 2 page docs
From: Thomas Feix <Thomas.Feix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:21:48 +0100
Hello all,

scanning the list archive provided me with many new ideas (and hints to new
problems), but no description was close to my problem:

I convert an XML report with Apache FOP to PDF. The body flow is displayed
within two columns (<fo:region-body ... column-count="2"...). It consists of a
long table and a few small blocks at the end. The first page has a big header
and no footer. The last page has a small header and footer. Headers and footer
span the complete page width - I didn't propose the layout...

conditional-page-master-reference works fine to switch between
simple-page-masters for first and last page. Fortunately the report is never
more than two pages. So the currently not implemented last page condition does
not hurt. But the report sometimes may fit on a single page. Then the footer
should appear at the first page. A third simple-page-master would help if
conditional-page-master-reference supported page-position="single"...

Do I miss a simple trick? Any hints for a workaround?

Thanks in advance
Thomas Feix