RE: [xsl] Need a programmic way to read xslt file, and determine the mappings defined.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Need a programmic way to read xslt file, and determine the mappings defined.
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:40:32 +0200
Hi,

> The xslt files read will be created by processes that I
> control. So I do
> not have to worry about any and every type of xslt construct. I can
> control how to create the xslt files to make it easier to re-interpret
> them.
>
> I could place the knowledge somewhere else, but I thought it wiser to
> use the active mapping file.

Why do you want to

  mapping -> Java code -> XSLT stylesheet -> Java code -> mapping'

When you could do

  mapping -> Java code -> XSLT stylesheet
  mapping -> Java code' -> mapping'

I.e. use the original data you have to generate the stylesheets to also
generate the data you'd get from reverse engineering?

Cheers,

Jarno