Re: [xsl] Test for preceding-sibling and text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Test for preceding-sibling and text
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:54:56 +0100
Hi Ragulf,

Can you be more precise on the output you like?

And I think that the solution is not really short, but not necessarily complex...

Grtz,
Geert

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your answer. I have found that the question might not be as simple as my example XML and XSL in my initial mail.

I am not sure that I understand what your solution does, but I will certainly look at it.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

How about:

 test="generate-id() = generate-id(preceding-sibling::*[local-name() =
local-name(current())][1]/following-sibling::*[1])"

Which should check that the current node is the element which
immediately follows the nearest preceding-sibling element with the same
local name.  As the check uses * it skips text only nodes.

cheers
andrew

--
Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50