Re: [xsl] 'nother xslt2 engine

Subject: Re: [xsl] 'nother xslt2 engine
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 18:55:34 +0000

    David> Colin, any comments in regards to the specific platforms in
    David> which you feel are best suited to run your Eiffel based
    David> XSLT 2.0 processor.

Any except JVM. Reasons for not suitable on JVM are:

1) Saxon is more complete in most respects.
2) More seriously, I don't think SmartEiffel 1.0's compile_to_java
command works, and none of the other compilers target the JVM, so
it would be necessary to do JNI programming, or somethin glike that.

    David> XSLT 2.0 processor.  Is this a Basic or Schema Aware
    David> implementation?  If Basic are you planning a Schema Aware
    David> version?

Basic.
No current plans for Schema awarness - I'd have to write a schema
processor first.

--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire