RE: [xsl] Problem passing node-set to params (RTF)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem passing node-set to params (RTF)
From: Charlie Consumer <faceless1976@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:49:44 -0800 (PST)
The error message I'm getting is:

"XSLT 1.0 Debugging Error: Expression did not evaluate
to a node-set"

I'm using XMLSpy to debug my XSLT, but I'm running my
XSL under Java's XSLT parser which I guess is the
Apache XSLT.  I'm running java version 1.4.2_04.  The
error I'm getting is from XMLSpy.

The definition of local is:

<xsl:variable name="local"
select="../member[@component=$localComponent]"/>

And the definition of localComponent is:

<xsl:variable localComponent select = '1' />

Here is the error I get from Java:

org.apache.xpath.XPathException: Can not convert
#STRING to a NodeList!

local and current() are both showing Node-Set in the
debugger.  It's only after I assign then to parameters
using with-param that they become RTFs.  Oddly enough
the guid and agent are shown as node-sets for
attributes, but the other don't.  I don't know what
the problem is.

Thanks
Charlie