Re: [xsl] Generating jsp java code in .xsl files

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generating jsp java code in .xsl files
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:47:57 +0200
Geia sou Apostole,

Apostolidis Apostolos wrote:

  Hi all! I am trying to generate java code (intended for a jsp page)
inside a .xsl file. I want to produce an output similar to :

<% String foo = "a_value"; %>.

Jarno is right with his suggestion, but you are using XSLT to output invalid markup. IMHO you can have a clean solution by one of:

* using XSLT to output XML (meaning JSP 2.0 XML syntax, JSTL etc)
* using XSLT to output text, preserving the output format you already feel confortable with
* using another "template" tool like velocity

hth,

Manos