Re: Re: [xsl] XSLT Generated Text

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] XSLT Generated Text
From: Derek Basch <dbasch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the reply Anton. You are 100% correct. I should have dug through the
python minidom code a bit further to find this function definition:

def createDocument(self, namespaceURI, qualifiedName, doctype):
if add_root_element:
            prefix, localname = _nssplit(qualifiedName)
            if prefix == "xml" \
               and namespaceURI != "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace":
                raise xml.dom.NamespaceErr("illegal use of 'xml' prefix")
            if prefix and not namespaceURI:
                raise xml.dom.NamespaceErr(
                    "illegal use of prefix without namespaces")
            element = doc.createElementNS(namespaceURI, qualifiedName)
            if doctype:
                doc.appendChild(doctype)
            doc.appendChild(element)

I was not passing a namespaceURI attribute to the function. I blame it on the
poor minidom documentation and not my own laziness :)