Re: [xsl] Default Rendering of HTML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Default Rendering of HTML?
From: xptm <xptm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:32:32 +0000
<testelement> is not a html tag, so how do you want it to display? Show the XML and the XSL you have, and what do you want as a result, there are lots of great expertises in the list that will help (i'm not one of the experts, but try to help as well).

Shawn wrote:

My apologies for the stupid newbie question......

I've been playing with XML/XSL for a while, and haven't yet been able to figure this out. The HTML code does not get rendered properly if I create an element like this:

<testelement>
	<h1>Title</h1>
</testelement>

I've done some research into this and suspect it's because I'm using <xsl:apply-templates match="/">. As I understand things, this means I then need to create a template for each of the HTML tags. Other research suggests that I may need to somehow mark the tag as containing CDATA, but this is a bit over my head at this time.

Is there a better way to reference the contents of <testelement> and fall back to default browser behavior for the embedded HTML? If it helps any, I'm using PHP to transform my XML/XSL.

Thanks for any tips.

Shawn