RE: [xsl] Modifying XML file

Subject: RE: [xsl] Modifying XML file
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:44:03 +0200
Hi,

>     Let's say I have 2 XML nodes <a>, and <c>.  My
> ultimate goal is to add a third node, <b>, in between
> <a>, and <c> in the XML file.  I would like to do this
> using an XSL transformation, with both the original
> file and the output file in XML format.  What would
> this part of the XSL look like?

<xsl:template match="a">
  <xsl:copy>
  </xsl:copy>
  <b/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
  <xsl:copy>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

> Also, for the output
> to be in XML format, do I ONLY need to change the
> output method to "xml", or is there more to it?
> Thanks so much.

xsl:output method defaults to "xml" (there are cases when "html" is the
default, see the spec for details), so you don't need to set it.

Cheers,

Jarno - Solitary Experiments: The Dark Inside Me (Lights of Euphoria mixb)