RE: [xsl] Using keys on a tree from document()

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using keys on a tree from document()
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 21:17:40 -0000
> I just read some posts in the archive, but they are about comparing
> keys in the source document with keys in external documents from
> document function.
>
> However, in my case, i do not have a source document, just the one i'm
> getting thru document(), and i'll like to use keys on that to find
> some related nodes from that document, just like if it was the source
> docuement?
>
> Is this possible? If yes, how?

It is possible, and it's fairly automatic.

When you call key('k', 'banana'), the system searches for all nodes that:

1. match the match pattern of key 'k'
2. have the 'use' value = 'banana'
3. are in the same document as the context node

So if the context node is in document('abc.xml'), that's the one that is
searched.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/