Re: [xsl] Variables and HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variables and HTML
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:06:08 -0600
You mention that you need to have entities inside the variable. However,
without seeing more of your XML and XSL and knowing more about what you
want to produce, I don't see the need for the entities inside the
variable. The variable could contain just the href value, in which case
you could do this:

<dd><a href="{$variable1}">Link text (from another variable,
perhaps)</a></dd>

If you show us more about why you need to have the entities in the
variable, perhaps we can offer more help.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Carmelo Montanez <carmelo@xxxxxxxx>
03/10/2005 12:46 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] Variables and HTML

Folks:

I am sure this been debated before to the ground.  I have
a variable that have entities as part of its contents as in the
following

variable1 = "&lt; A href  = ....."

I am trying to output this as html

<dd><xsl:value-of select = "$variable1"/></dd>

The problem is that when I get the HTML, I still have the entities
inside the variables causing the HTML browser to display the wrong thing

My final HML looks something like this:

<DD>A &lt;a href="Ballot"&gt;&lt;i&gt;Ballot&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/a&gt; prepared
or &lt;a href="cast"&gt;&lt;{i&gt;cast&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/a&gt; by a voter
other
than at a regular polling place.</DD>

I will like to have all those entities resolved.  I need to use the
entities inside the
variable because I am doing a lot of manipulations with it.

Thanks,
Carmelo