[xsl] Customising an XSLT processor [Was: Variables and HTML]

Subject: [xsl] Customising an XSLT processor [Was: Variables and HTML]
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 06:41:55 +0000

    Wendell> more of those non-technical issues. It's tough to
    Wendell> customize a serializer for your XSLT processor, if it's
    Wendell> in Java and your team isn't. (And not infrequently XSLT
    Wendell> is developed by teams of one.)

And probably even more so if it's in Eiffel, rather than Java!
This is something I've been thinking about for Gestalt - adding the
ability to customise (e.g. output methods, uri resolvers, xsl:message
handling, security manager) in a scripting language, such as Python.
(I don't know Python at all, but it seems to be a generally highly
regarded language).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire