Re: [xsl] Can't make template match root element with schema info

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can't make template match root element with schema info
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:54 GMT
> First of all, by default namespace I meant no-namespace.

that's a bad choice of words as the namespace rec defines "default
namespace" as a specific term meaning something else.

> does that mean both the xml file and stylesheet files are processing
> elements in the no-namespace event though the root element has a
> "xmlns=http://somenamespace"; albeit without a prefix. How do you explain
> that the templates in my xsl matched elements that had "html:" prefixes and
> still found them. Iam referring to the xhtml2fo transformation in my
> earlier mail.

I have difficulty understanding what you mean here.
If your top level element in the source has xmlns="http://somenamespace";
then the default namespace in that file is http://somenamespace and all
unprefixed elements are in that namespace.

To select elements in that namespace from XSLT1 you need to have
xmlns:something=http://somenamespace
in the stylesheet and then use
select="something:elementname"
in any Xpath expression or match pattern.

Note that the fact that the source uses a default namespace and
unprefixed elements is irrelevant, you use exactly the same eexpression
in the Xpath if your source had used prefixed element names
<differentprefix:elementname xmlns:differentprefix=http://somenamespace>

David

http://www.star.net.uk