Re: [xsl] external var in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] external var in XSL
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:01:03 GMT
  Since I am more used to xalan, I guess it is a bit more (much too?) flexible
  with this. Maybe it is a bug actually.

If it allows variables here it's a bug, the language does not allow
flexibility here.

  Nevertheless, the solution in my previous mail seems to make more
  sense for me

The restriction on using variables in match patterns is a fairly
arbitrary restriction that serves no real purpose, but it isn't really up
to implementations not to enforce language rules just because they don't
make sense.

XSLT2 will drop this restriction and allow variables to be used.

David

http://www.star.net.uk