Re: [xsl] XSL Previous Node

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Previous Node
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:52:59 -0600
Hopefully this isn't too OT, but I found myself making the same
mistake the other day (using previous instead of preceding).  Well,
almost literally two days ago.  I quickly realized what I had done,
but I also realized there was a reason my gut instinct was to say
previous.  I had just done some work on the following-sibling axis.
So is there a historical reason for having preceding/following instead
of one of the following: preceding/proceeding, preceding/postceding,
previous/following?

I hope there isn't too trivial of a question.  It is just one of those
things that has been sitting in the back of my mind these few days
that the list brought up again.

Jonathan Gorman