Re: [xsl] implementation of xslt 2.0 working draft

Subject: Re: [xsl] implementation of xslt 2.0 working draft
From: Midsummer Sun <midsummer.sun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:58:11 +0530
I have read the discussion to which Michael Kay pointed. I do agree to
the opinion expressed in that thread to large extent.

but my personal opinion is (in the order below)
- If your project *really* cares about standards, you must use XSLT
1.0. As it is a stable spec and lot of stable tools are available
which conform with it 100%. You would benifit if you need to change
vendors during your products lifetime.
At this stage(when XSLT 2.0 is WD), I would suggest using XSLT 2.0 when
- You need to solve certain problems which cannot be solved using XSLT
1.0 (there are many problems possible!)
- Or you need compact way to write stylesheets. I feel XSLT 2.0 allows
to solve the same problem with fewer lines of codes than XSLT 1.0 .
This increases programmer productivity. Which ultimately will save
cost for your client.

When XSLT 2.0 becomes the Recommendation, I would certainly select
XSLT 2.0 rather than XSLT 1.0

best regards,