Re: [xsl] Catch ALL | Failed template rule

Subject: Re: [xsl] Catch ALL | Failed template rule
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:00:17 +0530
Hi,
   here goes!

This selects everything other than the node named slide

<xsl:template match="//*[not(name(.) = 'slide')]">

</xsl:template>

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    Karl
                    Stubsjoen            To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <kstubs@gmail        cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    .com>                Subject:     [xsl] Catch ALL | Failed template rule

                    03/21/2005
                    08:33 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xsl-list

I'd like a catch ALL template rule, actually a catch NOT template
rule.  In an effort to check for the existence of a select, I have
setup a match template rule that simply returns "1" for a match.  So I
have:

<xsl:template match="record" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>1</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

The failed select would need to return a "0".  So I need a match that
simply returns 0.

So something like:

<xsl:template match="not(record)" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>0</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

(which is not a legal match statement, but that is what I need).  I'm
sure there is a way, and I'm sure it is obvious!  Just not coming to
me.

Thanks,
Karl

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in