Re: [xsl] filtering elements using identity transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] filtering elements using identity transform
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:52:16 +0530
Hi,

    Thanks. Like I mentioned earlier, the xml is embedded inside the html
and I would like to get to the xml using the identity transform. I didn't
realize that doing the above will give rise to the problem of some <td>s
being in no-namespace and some in the <urn:hl7-org/v3>.  I  will have to
check on using

I however got good results when I used <xsl:template match="node
()[local-name() = 'table'] etc. An article I read on the web discouraged
using local-name b'cos it strips the prefixes. The recommended one was
<xsl:template match="node()[not(starts-with(name(), "b:"))]. But this
wouldn't work when the elements are in the default namespace and do not
have a prefix on them as in my case.

Ofcourse, using local-name would not work for the case when my xml input
itself is xhtml. Then I would have html interspersed with xhtml. Is this
possible.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    David
                    Carlisle             To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <davidc@xxxxx        cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    o.uk>                Subject:     Re: [xsl] filtering elements using identity transform

                    03/31/2005
                    07:10 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xsl-list

] You were right. There was an xmlns in my xhtml input and Iam
] surprised nobody saw it because it was there in the xhtml snippet I
posted
] yesterday.

we needed to know if there was (or was not) one on the top level
element. Your latest posting shows that there is not one.

] <html>
]   <head>
]
]   </head>
]   <body>
]     <p>
]       <table>
]        <tr>

so these are html elements in no-namespace.
A template such as  match="p" would match these elements

]           <slideshow author="Yours Truly" title="Sample Slide Show" date
]      ="Date of publication"  xmlns="urn:hl7-org/v3">

here you change to the namespace urn:hl7-org/v3

]          <td>
The namespace urn:hl7-org/v3 is still in effect here so this is not td in
no-namespace but is td in the namespace urn:hl7-org/v3
match="td" will therefore _not_ match this element.
You could use
match="v3:td" xmlns:v3="urn:hl7-org/v3 "
but most likely to intend this td element to be in the same namespace
as the surrounding <table> in which case your input is in error and you
need <td xmlns="">

David

http://www.star.net.uk

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in