RE: [xsl] Scope of xml source, includes, and inline xml

Subject: RE: [xsl] Scope of xml source, includes, and inline xml
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:09:39 +0100
A user data element (a child of xsl:stylesheet in its own namespace) doesn't
actually have any scope at all. The only way of accessing it in any kind of
standard way is using document('')/*/sd:data, in which case it might as well
not be in the stylesheet at all.

I think the purpose of allowing these elements was originally to enable
vendor extensions like msxsl:script, they really aren't that useful for user
stuff.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/