RE: [xsl] Measure the length of an XML document in bytes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Measure the length of an XML document in bytes
From: "Khorasani, Houman" <houman_khorasani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:49:54 +0100
Hi Mukul,

Interesting idea. However I am stuck between two middlewares.  I have to
use plain XSLT's. There won't be any java involved.

Actually, I read the customers req. and it says lengths of the
characters are good enough. So I don't need to know the length in bytes.

So if I would use string-length() like this

<xsl:value-of select="string-length(*)"/>

I would get just the length of the first value.
I wish I could use it like that:

<xsl:value-of select="string-length(<xsl:copy-of select="*"/>)"/>

But this is not possible.
Any ideas how to count the length of a document character by character?

Many thanks,
Houman