Re: [xsl] FW: Problem with namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: Problem with namespaces
From: Chenzhou Cui <ccz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 02:45:52 +0800
Just the same type problem as mine. It seems "namespace" problem is a common problem, especiall for beginners.

Michael Kay wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Professional Content LLC [mailto:cdfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 04 August 2005 18:14
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: cdfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: I have to send this directly... Sorry

The big-list server will not accept email in multi-part form (therefore I
cannot use my HTML email) and the Gov. facility where I work blocks the
server. I have tried other forums but the real XSLT folks hang out at
mulberrytec (sigh).

Can you post this for me in the list? I would really appreciate it.



Problem with namespaces

I am converting an Excel generated XML file to another XML format.  If I
strip out all the namespace declarations pertaining to Microsoft in the xml
and xsl files, it works, but if I put them back in, I cannot make this work.

I'm stuck with PHP XSLT 1.0 (Sablotron) so anything with 2.0 is not possible. After reading MK's XSLT books and JT's beginning book on namespaces, I feel I have an understanding of why namespaces are needed, and how they should work. But when it comes to how they play on access of nodes with XPath I really don't know why this doesn't work.

-- ============================================================ Chenzhou Cui (Chinese Virtual Observatory: China-VO) National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64841695 Chinese Academy of Sciences | FAX: (8610)64878240 20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz@xxxxxxxxx Beijing 100012, China | WWW: ============================================================

Current Thread