RE: [xsl] "xmlns" problem for transform

Subject: RE: [xsl] "xmlns" problem for transform
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:18:27 +0100
xx:node-set() is the conventional way we describe a set of functions
provided by different vendors of XSLT 1.0 processors: msxml:node-set() for
MSXML, xalan:node-set() for Xalan, saxon:node-set() for Saxon,
oracle:node-set() for Oracle, etc. (Sometimes without the hyphen). Choose
the one that suits your processor. In XSLT 2.0, you don't need the function:
instead of

<xsl:apply-templates select="xx:node-set($output-of-phase-1)"/>

do

<xsl:apply-templates select="$output-of-phase-1" />

Sorry if I sometimes abbreviate my answers too much, you never know how much
knowledge the person asking the question already has, or how good they are
at looking it up if they don't know.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/