Re: [xsl] client side paging using XML, XSLT, and script from www.bayes.co.uk?

Subject: Re: [xsl] client side paging using XML, XSLT, and script from www.bayes.co.uk?
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:54:09 +0200

Thanx, for the info. I actually just discovered that now. But now I am
struggling to send the raw XML to my client with the href for my stylesheet.
:( Sorry, I am not very good at XSLT. So if you of a way for me to do this,
please let me know. I am trying to use <xsl:output method="xml"/> ....

The xslt is perfectly fine, you need no adaptions there.

It's the ASP code you have to adapt: remove the transformation bit.
I'll make some indications of how it could be changed (note that I don't know a iota of ASP)

-original:
System.IO.StringReader strReader = new System.IO.StringReader(xmlData);
xpathDoc = new XPathDocument(strReader); XslTransform transform = new
XslTransform(); transform.Load(Server.MapPath("results_page.xslt"));
transform.Transform(xpathDoc,null,Response.Output,new XmlUrlResolver());

-new:
System.IO.StringReader strReader = new System.IO.StringReader(xmlData);
Response.Output.Write('<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="results_page.xslt"?>');
Response.Output.Write(strReader);

regards, -- Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html) Spread the wiki (http://www.wikipedia.org)