RE: [xsl] Re: xml:space problem WAS : Problem with identity transform and Saxon

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: xml:space problem WAS : Problem with identity transform and Saxon
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:28:48 +0100
>     I get the correct behaviour with Saxon 6.5.4 which is an XSLT 1.0
> processor. Did something in XSLT 2.0 change that altered the behaviour
> of XSLT w.r.t xml:space?

No, the rules in XSLT 2.0 haven't changed in this regard (though they have
been clarified). You've stumbled on a Saxon bug which appears to have been
present for quite a few releases - suggesting that not many people use
xml:space in stylesheets.

I'll write it up in the bug register on SourceForge as soon as I have an
accurate description of its effect.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/