[xsl] problem with namespace ix XSLT to produce a valid XHTMLB

Subject: [xsl] problem with namespace ix XSLT to produce a valid XHTMLB
From: Eduardo Moreno A <emoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:00:25 -0400 (CLT)
Hi all..

I'm trying to construct a XLST stylesheet to transform a Atom 1.0 into a
valid Xhtml document.

In order to deal with the atom feed, I need to add the namespace xmlns:atom

---------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
                xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";

----------------------

and then I produce a XLST stylesheet:
----------------------
<xsl:template match="atom:feed">
  <head>
.
.

------------------------

But when I generate the HTML, it is not validated by W3C validator
because it doesn't recognize the atom namespace:

Error  Line 3 column 54: there is no attribute "xmlns:atom".

...://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";
lang="es"

I try eliminating the xmlns:atom line in the XSLT, but the
<xsl:template> doesn't found the name="feed". I try changing by
name="feed*" and it works, but Firefox gives a Xpath problem.

What i'm missing?

Thanks.