RE: [xsl] Accessing database

Subject: RE: [xsl] Accessing database
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:59:27 -0400
As a general principle, keep in mind that XSLT is a language designed to transform an XML document into some other document (XML or other). Native calls to databases don't figure into that pardigm.

Several years ago I worked with creating XML files from databases, Access included. Microsoft has a number of classes for creating XML documents. Your best bet is to use C, C++, VB, or C# to create instances of these classes to access the database, extract the data, create the XML document, and serialize it to disk. In the case of the last step, you could transform the document using XSLT before serializing it using Microsoft's classes.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email