[xsl] XHTML to WML transformations problems.

Subject: [xsl] XHTML to WML transformations problems.
From: "Paul Healy" <sebalut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:04:41 +0000
Hi I have rewritten my question as the original post was a mess. I am trying to write a style sheet to convet my source XHTML doc into a WML result document with XSLT. I have tried looking online for resources but unfortunately XHTML to WML is not covered in detail. If anyone could please look through my work and advise me on what to do, I would be very very grateful. This is my source XHTML file.

 <head>
   <title>XSLT transformations</title>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />
 </head>
     <ul>
     </ul>

The XSL document is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:output method="xml" />
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.3//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.3.xml";>
</xsl:text>
<wml>
<card id="card1" title="{head/title}">
<option>
<xsl:for-each select="body/div/ul/li">
<xsl:apply-templates />
</a>
</xsl:for-each>
</option>
</card>
</wml>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Basically I want to create a WML document from the source XHTML document. This is for a research project and I am currently stuck on this problem. I want to create a list of

in the result document, that is creating a list of links to three other WML cards. I know this probably doesnt seem very complicated but I have been working for days on it and I still cant figure it out, and my deadline is up in a weeks time. Would be very very grateful if anyone could please provide me with some help. Thanks in advance.

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters