[xsl] 1.0 and 2.0 and suitability for tasks

Subject: [xsl] 1.0 and 2.0 and suitability for tasks
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:33:01 -0500
Wise Wendell wrote:

> There are many jobs for which XSLT 1.0 is an excellent fit.

Which made me wonder which tasks are best suited to XSTL 1.0 and which are
best suited to 2.0.

My position involves a blend of both documentation (everything from user
guides to API guides and data dictionaries and the XSLT-based solutions to
produce them) and data (lots of transformation of data-centric XML). So I
would like to hear how one version or the other might benefit either
effort.

Thanks.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulsting at Synergistic Solution Technologies)