[xsl] Re: Transforming XHTML to WML

Subject: [xsl] Re: Transforming XHTML to WML
From: iwantto keepanon <iwanttokeepanon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:08:46 +0400 (MSD)
"andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> WML is a small proprietary text to html language.  I would advise to
>> learn XSLT and use it to do your transformations.  After all, XSLT is
>> w3c recommended/standard and will be around longer and make your
>> skills more marketable.

Ok, proprietary was the wrong word ... and didnt I mention it being
GPL?  I forget and I dont have my original email.

> Uh... it's not.  WML is like HTML, it's just another markup language.

http://thewml.org/ : "WML is a free and extensible Webdesigner's
off-line HTML generation toolkit"

So it is a text to html markup language ... still my original assertion.

> It's very common to convert XML to WML using XSLT (I did it as part of
> my dissertation 5 years ago :)

Yes, and the OP didnt say this was a research project either.  But I
don't want to start a flame war on the merits of WML and whether it is
a good language, every body's personal toolchest should have as many
tools in it as possible.  But I think this makes the very small point
I was trying to make in my reply:

   http://googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=wml&word2=xslt

Have fun ...
--