Re: [xsl] Transform XML to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transform XML to XML
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:47:15 -0500
Hi, Mike,

You need an identity transformation.

To steal a link from David Carlisle's post earlier today:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/identity.html

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Mike Schinkel" <mikes@xxxxxxxxx>
08/25/2005 12:21 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[xsl] Transform XML to XML

I have an XML file that I want to filter out certain elements.
(actually, it's the tracking files for my blog, and there is a lot of
blog spam in them. It will take forever to remove by hand.)  So the
first thing I'm trying to figure out is how can I create an XSL file
that will take as input an XML file and output *exactly the same* XML
file as output?  (The next step will be to start selectively omitting
elements from the output.)

FYI, I'm using XmlWriter as my editor.

I've done a lot of work with XSLT, but every time I start a new project
with a slightly different need I feel like I'm back at square one
because nothing ever seems to work as I expect it to!

Thanks in advance.

-Mike