RE: [xsl] Usage scenarios of 'treat as'

Subject: RE: [xsl] Usage scenarios of 'treat as'
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:43:29 +0100
Yes, "treat as" is there almost entirely for systems that do pessimistic
static type checking.

It can also, however, be used as an assertion mechanism, to document that
you expect a particular expression to return a particular type of value and
trigger a failure if it doesn't.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/