RE: [xsl] Encoding problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] Encoding problem
From: amita rathore <amita_rathore@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:46:29 -0700 (PDT)
--- Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect that when you say the XML file has "utf-8
> encoding", you mean that
> it starts with an XML declaration that specifies the
> encoding as being
> utf-8; but that you suspect the encoding is really
> windows-1252.

Yes, the file starts with XML declaration that
specifies the encoding as utf-8.
When I try to read the file through a InputStream API
in java, the reading terminates with an exception. The
cause of the exception being special characters (Curly
closing double quote). Hence I tried providing the
encoding as windows-1252 while reading the file. this
time there was no exception.

> First step is to analyze the problem: find one of
> the "unusual" characters
> in the file and tell us (a) what the character is
> supposed to be,
The character is Closing curly double quotes

> and (b)
> the sequence of hex octets used to encode it.
How can I find it ?

Thanks !!

Yahoo! Mail