RE: [xsl] broken text surrounding an entity I want to drop?

Subject: RE: [xsl] broken text surrounding an entity I want to drop?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:09 +0100
It helps to get the terminology right (it means people are more likely to
understand your question). You're using the terms "entity" and "tag" when
you mean "element".

You're dealing with dirty data, and data cleansing is always a rather
pragmatic affair. I don't think there's enough information in your source to
decide whether, in a case like

There is too much white<A></A>
space in this document

the author intended "whitespace" to be one word or two.

The only way you're going to be able to automate the data recovery is with
the help of a dictionary lookup, and even that will leave some ambiguities
like the one above.

How long is the text? My instinct would be to fix it by hand.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/