Re: [xsl] First character in a word as capital-letter.

Subject: Re: [xsl] First character in a word as capital-letter.
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:28:16 +0100
scripsit Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > I think it's true to say that practices like this were commonplace five
> > years ago when many of these examples were written - they are still
> > commonplace today, but no longer regarded as good practice.
>
> I can't imagine why any person with commons sense would write such code,
even if it was commonplace.
> I've had the luck (at least I consider it too be luck) not to learn html. I
started with XHTML, CSS & XML some years ago before even knowing that 'html'
(in the sence of not-balanced markup tags) existed. And I always stayed miles
away of anything that looked like WHYSIWYG-editors.

You have the benefit of hindsight Joris, it was only a few short years
ago that everything was done with tables.  "Common sense" is after all
by definition what the majority of people  think at the time - it was
common sense back then to use tables, it's common sense now to avoid
them...