RE: [xsl] Making extension functions available

Subject: RE: [xsl] Making extension functions available
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:11:54 -0500
That sorted it out for me. Trying to puzzle out the problem on my own led
me to learn a bunch more about namespaces (more at the behind-the-scenes
level than at the how-do-I-manage-multiple-namespaces-in-my-XSL level),
too, so it was a good exercise.

Thanks, Mike.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/14/2005 02:56 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [xsl] Making extension functions available

This is really a Saxon-specific question, not a general XSLT question.

In the namespace used to identify Saxon extension functions, anything
before
the final "/" is ignored. When you use the namespace "../xsl_extensions",
Saxon looks for a class called xsl_extensions on the classpath. When the
stylesheet is run on another machine, all you have to do is to ensure that
this class is on the classpath.

Saxon does in fact provide a mechanism, <saxon:script> that allows you to
specify the location of a JAR file containing the class you want to load:
in
this case it doesn't have to be on the classpath, and can in fact be
anywhere on the net. As far as I know this mechanism is rarely used.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/